OBJECT OF ELEVATOR UP: Be the first to get rid of all the cards in your hand.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2-5 players
MATERIALS: Special Deck
TYPE OF GAME: Race to the finish line
ABOUT THE GAME CREATOR
Hello! My name is Harrison, and I’m 17 years old. I am the creator of ElevatorUp: the new card game that keeps the whole family smiling through Ups, Downs, and getting Stuck! To learn more about Harrison’s back story click here.
HOW TO SETUP ELEVATORUP
1. Place THREE CARDS FACE DOWN in front of each player. No one is allowed to look at these cards.
2. Put TWO CARDS FACE UP in front of each player.
3. Then, give each player THREE CARDS AS THEIR HAND. Only that player can look at those cards.
4. Place the remainder of the deck in the center of the table and use the space next to it as the discard pile.
5. Each player can swap out one, two, or none of their face up cards with their face down cards. (Tip: put your best cards as your face up cards)
6. Now, get your game face ready because it’s time to start playing.
1. Each player must discard a card for every turn. You must discard a card that’s either a higher floor than the previously played card or a special card (explained below).
2. If there is no previously played card, you can discard any card.
3. If you do not have a higher floor or a special card, then you must pick up the entire discard pile and add it to your hand.
4. After discarding a card, replenish your hand using the deck in the center of the table so you have at least 3 cards in your hand at all times.
5. If you have two or more of the same floor, you can discard them all at the same time, but, if there are every four consecutive cards of the same floor, then the whole discard pile is removed from gameplay and set aside and the player who played the fourth card gets to go again.
6. Continue playing until the deck runs out and you run out of cards in your hand.
7. Once you run out of cards in your hand, it’s time to use your face up cards. Treat your face up cards like your hand, but leave them face up on the table for the other players to see.
8. Once you play all of your face up cards, now you’re on the final push and need to use your face down cards, but don’t look at them just yet. When it’s your turn, flip a face up card onto the discard pile. If it is a lower floor than the previously played card, then you must pick up the discard pile and create a hand with it. If it is a higher floor or a special card, then continue playing as normal.
9. The first player out of cards WINS! CONGRATS! YAY!
(each special card has it’s abilities printed on it so no need to remember all of this)
PENTHOUSE can be played on top of any card. It is the highest floor, so only special cards can
be played on top of it.
STUCK can be played on top of any card. It deflects the previously played card onto the
following player. So, if Player 1 discards a 5, then Player 2 plays Stuck, Player 3 will have to play a card higher than a 5.
NEW can be played on top of any card. It removed the entire discard pile from
BUILDING gameplay and the player who played it gets to go again.
LOBBY can be played on top of any card but any card can be played on top of it.
DOOR can be played on top of any card EXCEPT other special cards and skips the
CLOSED following player’s turn.
Learn more about the game and buy your deck at PlayElevatorUp.com.