OBJECTIVE OF DOBBLE: The objective of Dobble, also called Spot It is to win points by finding out the unique symbol shared by two cards.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2+
NUMBER OF CARDS: 55 cards(rondes) with eight different symbols
TYPE OF GAME: visual recognition observation game
OVERVIEW OF DOBBLE (SPOT IT)
Dobble, also called Spot It (in the USA) is a fast-paced, kid-friendly with the objective of matching cards faster than your opponents. In the USA, Spot It (Dobble) has sold more than 12 million copies since it was initially released in 2019. This game helps develop the memory, perception, and fine motor skills of young brains, making it a perfect developmental game for young children!
In this article, we will go over the rules and strategies of Spot It ( Dobble) and will also give you some recommendations on where to buy the game!
HOW TO DEAL DOBBLE (SPOT IT)
For the basic rule (Infernal Tower):
- Deal a card to each player and keep it face down.
- Place the remaining cards in the middle. They will form the deck.
HOW TO PLAY DOBBLE (SPOT IT)
The goal is to discover the one identical symbol between two cards. The symbols are identical (same shape, same colour, only the size varies). There is always exactly one symbol in common between any pair of cards in the game. This makes Dobble great for mini games!
All players play at the same time. No matter which variant is played, you must always:
- be the fastest to locate the identical symbol between 2 maps,
- name it out loud
- then (depending on the variant), take the card, put it down or discard it.
The rules below are for the mostly played variant of Dobble, called The Infernal Tower.
Aim of the game:
Collect as many cards as possible.
- As soon as the game starts, players turn over their cards.
- Each player must then find the identical symbol between their card and the card in the center of the table (on the draw pile).
- If a player finds an identical symbol, he
- Names it,
- Takes possession of the card concerned
- Places it in front of him on his card.
- By taking this card, he reveals a new card.
HOW TO WIN DOBBLE (SPOT IT)
- This simple pattern recognition game stops when all the cards in the deck have been acquired by the players.
- The winner is the player with the most cards.
Here is a children’s mini-game version of Dobble, with only 6 images per card.
VARIATIONS OF DOBBLE (SPOT IT)
- Setup: Deal all the cards between the players, one by one. Place the last card on the table, face up. Each player shuffles his or her cards to form a deck in front of him or her, face down.
- Goal: get rid of all your cards before the others, and above all, don’t be the last one!
- How to play: Players flip their deck over, face up. You must discard the top card from your draw pile by placing it on the center card. The player who is quickest to name a symbol shared by his card and the center card can place his card in the center. You have to be very quick because the center card changes each time a player places his or her card in the center.
- End of game: The player who discards all his cards first wins the game; the last one to do so loses the game.
THE POISONED GIFT
- Setup: Shuffle the cards and place one card face down in front of each player, then place the remaining cards in the middle of the players to form the draw pile, face up.
- Goal: to collect as few cards as possible from the deck.
- How to play: Players turn over their cards. Each player tries to find the identical symbol between another player’s card and the card from the draw pile, names it, takes the card from the middle, and puts it on the player’s card. By taking this card, he reveals a new card.
- End of game: The game continues until the draw pile is exhausted. The winner is the one with the fewest cards.
CATCH THEM ALL
To be played in several rounds.
- Setup: at each round, place a card, face up, in the middle of the players, then place as many cards as there are players around the central card, face down. The remaining cards are put aside and will be used for the following rounds.
- Goal: to collect as many cards as possible before the other players.
- How to play: Turn over all the cards around the center card; players must find a symbol shared by one of these cards and the center card. As soon as a player finds an identical symbol, he names it and takes the card (warning: never take the center card).
- End of game: as soon as all the cards have been retrieved (except the central card), the central card is put back under the deck, and a new round is started. The players keep the acquired cards. When there are no more cards left to play a new round, the game is over, and the winner is the player with the most cards.
THE HOT POTATO
To be played in several rounds.
- Setup: at each round, deal one card per player, who keeps it in his hand, face down, without looking at it. The remaining cards are put aside and will be used for the following rounds.
- Goal: get rid of your card faster than the other players.
- How to play: Players reveal their card by placing it flat in their hand so that each symbol is clearly visible. As soon as a player finds the symbol shared by his card and another’s, he names it and places his card on the opponent’s card. The latter must now use his new card to continue playing. If he can find a symbol shared by his new card and another player’s card, he gives all his cards at once.
- End of game: the player who ends up with all the cards loses the round and puts these cards on the table in front of him. Players play five or more rounds. When there are no more cards, the game is over. The loser is the player with the most cards.
- Comprehensive Guide to the Board Game Go (weiqi, baduk) - January 23, 2024
- Are Creative Suites Changing Gaming - October 30, 2023
- Immersive Entertainment Redefined: The Magic of Augmented Reality - October 26, 2023