OBJECTIVE OF DRINK WHILE YOU THINK: Drink while you are thinking of a word to say in a chosen category.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 3+ players, but the more, the better
TYPE OF GAME: Drinking game
OVERVIEW OF DRINK WHILE YOU THINK
Have you ever played Categories? Well, Drink While You Think is a very similar game, but with a lot more drinking involved, of course! You don’t need any materials to play this game – just some alcohol and a semi-functioning brain.
Start off the game by picking a category. Examples of categories include:
- Cities in Europe
- Shoe brands
- TV shows
- Cities in Texas
- Types of furniture
- US Presidents
Now, nominate a player to start. The first player must say one thing in the chosen category. So, for example, if the category is actors, the first player may say, “Brad Pitt.” Then, the second player on the left must think of another actor, such as Chris Hemsworth. And so on.
However, there are two simple rules that you must keep in mind throughout the duration of the game:
- No repeating something that has already been said.
- You must drink while you think! So, as soon as it is your time, you need to start drinking, and you can’t stop drinking until you think of something to say.
If you want to amp up this game a bit, you can make the categories a bit more challenging and narrow. Examples of harder categories include:
- Movies starting with the letter “A”
- Places (player) has traveled to
- Colors in the room
- What would you put in a purse
- Names of Game of Thrones (or other TV show) characters
END OF GAME
The game ends when someone messes up by either repeating something that has already been said or failing to name anything at all within a 20-second timeframe. That player must then take a shot and start up a new category.