OBJECTIVE OF IN-BETWEEN: Correctly bet the 3rd card dealt is between your 2 card hand to win money.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2-8 Players
NUMBER OF CARDS: Standard 52 card deck
RANK OF CARDS: A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
TYPE OF GAME: Gambling
INTRODUCTION TO IN-BETWEEN
In-between, or as it is better known Acey Deucey, is a card game involving betting. The game also is called Maverick, (Between the) Sheets, Yablon, and Red Dog, and is closely related to High Card Pool.
HOW TO PLAY
Each player places the ante in the pot. During the game each player takes turns, the game continues until there is no money left in the pot.
During a turn, the dealer deals two cards, face-up. The player then decides to bet if they believe the third card dealt will be in between (in rank) their two cards. A bet can be between zero or the total value of the pot.
- If the third card is in-between, that player wins their bet from the pot.
- If the third card is not in-between the two, that player pays to the pot their bet.
- If the third card is the same rank as one of the two, they pay to the pot double their bet.
The best hand is an Ace and a two, hence the name “Acey Deucey,” because you can only lose your bet if the third card is an Ace or a two.
If you are dealt two aces, split them if the first ace was called high, and the dealer will deal each ace a second card. You can only choose one hand to bet on, or choose to pass entirely.
To maximize your bets, bet when there are at least 8 cards between you two. For example, 2 & J…3 & Q….4 & K…5 & A.
If your cards are closer together, pass or bet zero.
- You are only allowed to bet half the value of the pot until each player has had their turn.
- If the first card dealt is an Ace, players may call high or low. However, the second ace is always high.
- If you are dealt two cards of equal rank you have two options:
- ask to be dealt two new cards
- bet the third card will higher or lower
- You may allow players to be the third card will be ‘outside’ the two card as opposed to just ‘inside’
- Minimum betting, regardless of the hand dealt
- Blind Betting, place your bet to the pot before being dealt cards.