OBJECTIVE OF BUY YOUR CARD POKER: Win the pot by having either the highest or lowest ranking hand.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2-6 players
NUMBER OF CARDS: 52-card decks
RANK OF CARDS: A,K,Q,J,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2
TYPE OF GAME: Casino
INTRODUCTION TO BUY YOUR CARD POKER
Buy Your Card is a variant on Five Card Stud Poker. Buying cards is not a bet in the ordinary sense, it does not have to be called or raised, it is a fixed chip amount.
HOW TO PLAY
In Buy Your Card you may discard cards in order to purchase better ones.
Players get square with the pot by paying the ante. The dealer deals each player five cards, one at at time. Two cards face-down, three face-up. Players must look at their face-down cards. The dealer then daels three cards to the table, face-up, with the remainder of the deck beside them. These are the cards that are avaliable to buy. The face-up card that is furthest from the deck is 1 unit, the middle card is 2 units, and the card closest to the deck is 3 units. The card, face-down, on top of the deck is worth 4 units. 1 unit = ante, or the minimum bet.
This variation is played Hi/Lo declaration (players mst declare if they are playing for a high hand or low hand before the showdown). There are three rounds of buying with betting rounds in between.
The buying round begins with the first active player directly to the left of the dealer and passes clockwise around the table. A turn gives players three options:
- Buy a card, discard a card from your hand and buy one of four cards avaliable for purchase. Your money goes into the pot. If you choose to buy the card at the top of the deck that is face-down, you may look at it but keep it face-down. Face-up cards remain face-up, unless they are replacing a hole card, in which players turn it face-down despite being known by other players. Players must have a minimum of two cards face-down.
- Stand pat, and do not buy a card. Your hand remains the same.
- Fold, throw in your cards and sit out the rest of the hand. You forfeit bets in the pot and the ability to win the pot.
The dealer replaces face-up cards that are bought with a new face-up card. Prices remain constant for cards. Face-up cards are replaced after the following betting round.
The betting round starts with the player who has the highest hand.
After the third round of betting, players declare high or low, or both, before the showdown. Highest hand and lowest hand split the pot.
- Comprehensive Guide to the Board Game Go (weiqi, baduk) - January 23, 2024
- Are Creative Suites Changing Gaming - October 30, 2023
- Immersive Entertainment Redefined: The Magic of Augmented Reality - October 26, 2023