NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 3 – 8+ players
MATERIALS: Two Dice, Beer, Table
TYPE OF GAME: Drinking game
AUDIENCE: Adults 21+
SUMMARY OF THREE-MAN
Three Man is a simple game to play with dice so you can carry it to the party in your pocket. There’s also not too many rules but it can still result in people getting messed up as the rules that do exist toss a bunch of beer around.
THE SET UP
Everyone just sits in a circular fashion around the table. The game goes in a clockwise direction.
HOW TO PLAY
To start the game, with just one dice the first person rolls. If the dice lands on 3, then that person is the three man. If it doesn’t, the person to the left goes and so on until someone gets a 3. Once a three man is chosen, the next person starts using 2 dice. You roll the dice and depending on what lands different things happen:
- Roll a 3: Three Man Drinks
- Roll a 7: Person to the right takes a drink
- Roll an 11: Person to the left takes a drink
- Roll a 9: Social
- Roll doubles: You pass out the die. You can give both to 1 person or divide them amongst 2 people. Either way whoever gets the dice rolls them. You have to drink whatever number is on the dice you rolled. However, if both dice comes out to a double (for instance 2 4’s), the person who passed out the dice has to drink that total.
- Either dice is a 3: Three Man Drinks
Yes you saw it right, anytime you roll the dice and either of the dice is a 3, the 3-man drinks. If you roll any combination of dice that’s not on the list above, you pass it to the next person. If you DO make one of the combinations above then you keep rolling. The only way the 3-man gets out of drinking is by rolling a 3 on his or her turn! So if your interest is staying sober we suggest NOT becoming three man.